The shift to electronic trading has been a significant factor in the financial sector’s use of datacenters and connectivity services. Specifically, the rise of high frequency trading (HFT) in the 1980s saw firms placing their trading applications as close as possible to an exchange’s matching engines as these strived for the lowest latency access to the market. Low latency, however, is not the only reason for this shift. As well as offering a secure and resilient environment, the interconnectedness of the datacenters and dark fibre networks create an ecosystem. The inhabitants of this community depend on and interact with each other - making colocation and connectivity so valuable.
Webinar: The evolution of capital market ecosystems and the importance of market connectivity
Date: Tuesday, 13th July 2021
11:00am - 12:00pm AEST
09:00am - 10:00am HKT/SGT
Join us on July 13th, for our upcoming virtual expert panel, “The evolution of capital market ecosystems and the importance of market connectivity,” hosted by Kapronasia in partnership with ASX. This timely discussion features key industry leaders who will share their insights on the benefits of financial market ecosystems and the importance of market connectivity.
- Goh Boon Kian, Vice President Data, Connectivity & Indices, SGX
- Denis Orrock, Head of Capital Markets, GBST
- Adam Bradley, General Manager - Head of Sales, Trading Services, ASX
- Josef Jelinek, Research Director, Kapronasia (Moderator)
Gain exclusive insights on:
- The value of the financial market ecosystem and the drivers behind the rise of financial industry specific colocation datacenters.
- The evolution of the exchange-operated datacenter and important trends and opportunities around connectivity.
- How exchange-operated datacenters are helping the financial services industry get closer to the financial markets.
- What financial industry specific datacenters have meant for different markets across the region.