The Pacific Islands FinTech Challenge applications are open. To help FinTechs understand the RFA as well as prepare applications, we are organizing this Singapore-focused information session.
The United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) invites FinTechs with market-ready solutions in the following areas to apply to participate in the Pacific Islands FinTech Innovation Challenge:
1. Improving access to financial products and services
2. Digitizing customer service
3. Increase usage of financial products and services
4. Streamlining of foreign exchange
5. Enabling E-Commerce and in-person POS merchant payment services
The Pacific Islands Fintech Innovation Challenge, funded by UN Capital Development Fund (UNCDF), Market Development Facility (MDF) and the Asian Development Bank (ADB), aims to address the challenge of financial inclusion and adoption of digital payment solutions in the Fiji, Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, Tonga and Samoa. The Challenge provides the winning FinTech with:
• Grants of up to USD $50,000
• Mentoring & insight
• Go-to market industry linkages; and
• Access to a network of investors & enablers
This session serves to provide more information regarding the challenge, as well as to answer any queries potential applicants may have.
Date: 1st June 2022 (Please note this session has already been completed)
Time: 10am SGT
Where: 80 Robinson Road, Singapore 068898, and virtually on Zoom