Asia-Pacific is expected to become the new engine of regtech growth and innovation in the future, driven by the rapid development of emerging Asian markets and financial systems, increased investment in new technologies and digital transformation, greater regulatory acceptance, and extensive infrastructure development. For the developed Asian economies, regtech uptake is being driven by a convoluted financial ecosystem and a rise in complex regulations. For the emerging Asian economies, regtech uptake is driven more by the business case and under-resourced regulators. We cover the state of regtech in Asia Pacific, including highly detailed chapters on individual countries, in this report with Enterprise Ireland.
- Development of digital economies in APAC
- Key financial industry regulation drivers in Asia
- Roadblocks and challenges for regtechs in APAC
- Government and regulator initiatives
- Ecosystem partners
- Detailed country chapters for: Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Mainland China, Indonesia, Japan (provided by FinTech Association of Japan and EY), Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam
- Enterprise Ireland's regtech map