Kapronasia is currently seeking an experienced individual to join our China business development team. The individual would be responsible for:
- Engaging with China-based domestic and foreign banks, asset managers, brokers, and investment banks to develop and cultivate of a well-qualified sales pipeline from our research and consulting offerings.
- Increasing Kapronasia's brand awareness in the market through engaging in the community through events and associations such as Chambers of Commerce.
- Assisting the Shanghai research team in project fulfillment as necessary.
- Work with the Regional Sales Director to coordinate sales efforts.
This is a unique opportunity to join a young and growing fintech-focused organisation with a very niche product in one of the most dynamic markets in the world. Compensation is based on the individual's ability to win business for our organization.
- Planning and organizing daily work schedule to call prospects and existing customers to progress sales
- Researching/profiling China-based financial technology companies and financial institutions to identify and penetrate top prospects
- Developing network of contacts at various levels/functional responsibility within each organization
- Following leads through all stages of the sales cycle - lead generation, proposal, negotiation, closing and member on-boarding
- Conducting needs assessment and developing consultative recommendations/proposals for various product and service offerings
- Staying attuned to market trends, competition, client needs, pricing and other factors that may impact sales and key selling messages
- Building and maintaining long-term customer relationships
- Managing contract negotiations, service requirements and details to close the sale
- Managing customer base, sales cycle and prospects in CRM system
Key Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications Required
- Extensive experience in all aspects of both large and small organizations as it relates to the strategic sales, marketing, and business development process.
- Strong understanding of client and market dynamics in the financial industry
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Successful record of both prospecting and growing existing customer relationships and revenue
- Highly developed organizational skills and ability to work in an independent, self-directed environment without constant direction/supervision
- Bachelor’s degree minimum
- At least four years of direct research sales experience, preferably in financial services, for a continuous advisory service, or for a technology vendor selling to financial institutions.
- Candidates must be and must possess outstanding communication (both written and oral) and presentation skills.
- Fluent spoken and written English is mandatory. Spoken and written Chinese is a plus.
Kapronasia is a leading provider of research-based advisory and consulting services focused on the Asia Pacific Financial Services industry. Through market-leading research and customized strategy, we partner with financial institutions and financial technology providers around the world to identify their highest-value opportunities in Asia and help them to achieve and sustain a competitive advantage in the region.
Compensation packages will be based on industry experience and knowledge. Candidates should be ready to accept a heavily commission/performance based compensation package based on meeting sales objectives that will be directly related to the output of the individual. The compensation package will include components of base salary, commission and potentially profit sharing and/or equity for the right individual. This is very much a start-up compensation package and applicants should be confident enough in their abilities to take a high-risk, high-reward role.
- No third party applications
- Solid references from previous employers and proven sales results required.